Friday, April 15, 2005

Continuing now with part 2: I’m just going to throw a few observations about last week’s episode in with this week’s review, since I never bothered to post those observations even though I did write them last Friday – my only explanation for that is that sometimes I just get this perverse urge not to do something even though it would be very easy and I have no reason at all for such refusal. Ah Bartleby! Ah humanity! First amongst these observations is the special message about the pizza task that was overdubbed at the end of the explanation of the task last week: “If you had done your market research, you would have discovered that they don’t want meatball pizza, they want cheeseburger pizza”. Did no one tell the editors that Domino’s wasn’t going to be marketing the Manga Meatball after all before they showed Trump telling Magna the week before that they were going to use it? I’d speculate that they pulled the idea at the last second once they found out that Papa John’s was offering a meatball pizza, too, but they were showing ads for the Cheeseburger pizza featuring Trump, so that isn’t it. In any case, it is clearly a lie, I cannot imagine people saying that they would much prefer a cheeseburger pizza to a meatball one. While I’m on last week’s episode let me also mention the prime quotation, uttered by Tana while she was interviewing customers in an American Eagle outlet to find out their very luxury wearable technology clothing preferences, “Would you, as a man, ever want anything in the bottom?” Would that she had asked that of Alex Thomason. And, making for a smooth segue, I’ll now mention the hint that Alex is gay from last night’s show, which occurred during the boardroom when they asked him what his initial impressions of the Pontiac Solstice: “When I saw this back portion, I knew it was something I wanted.” NOW back to the top of the episode. As is often the case, we saw Mr. Trump talking with the representatives of the placed product before the teams show up to get their marching orders, a conversation that always goes the same, “So how are you doing over at X? I hear you’re doing very well. I am so rich, please note this example of my wealth.” This week he must have felt that the Pontiac representatives had not sufficiently appreciated his affluence, because he also led off the meeting with the teams by telling them “Pontiac makes a lot of money. Oh, and by the way, so do I.” I am paraphrasing here, but barely. Ok, I’m getting pulled off this review again, back ASAP with further musings on the marketing of the sexy, gorgeous two-seat roadster, including "Alex Continues Sandbagging" and "Tana Pulls a Massey"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home