Tuesday, January 31, 2006

It's not going to be getting a whole lot more content-rich here for at least another month, I predict; I've just got too much to do and freak out about regarding my impending move to manage to think of anything funny and/or interesting to write. But for the next week, at least, I can direct you someplace else where someone IS writing some funny and/or interesting words: Chuck Klosterman's blogging Super Bowl Week up in Detroit for ESPN.com. If you are unfamiliar with Chuck Klosterman, I can tell you that he is one of those hot shot young writers who pontificate on pop cultural matters and tend to annoy me on occasion but are still pretty good and often funny. I'd mention David Foster Wallace now but god how I hate that guy. Dave Eggers, too. But Chuck Klosterman, occasional annoyances aside, I do not hate. So there you go, even if you care not for the football I think you may well be entertained by Mr. Klosterman's blog, which has four posts so far.

Also, reader Syd B. has sent in a tip: Fender is making Hello Kitty guitars! And Badtz-Maru basses! I don't have anything further to say about this, but I did enjoy looking at them and thinking about how much it would rock to own one, so perhaps you might want to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home