Friday, October 07, 2005

So what's my temperature today, you may be asking? You're not, of course, but theoretically you could be, so I'll go ahead and answer. 99.4 degrees Farenheit. The fever has broken and I'm on the road to recovery! Yay. I am working from home, though, because the last thing I would want to do is infect a bunch of jerky 20 year olds making twice as much as I do. Or, you know, blow the fuck up. Though, honestly, that's not really much more of a concern than it ever is, I don't think... I would like to share my favorite quote concerning this latest threat, though: "Sometimes it looks incredibly detailed, and then it washes out into nothing, and sometimes pretty vague in nature and it turns into something real. You can't know until you go through the process, and we're going through the process."

The really shocking news I've learned today is this: Barry Cowsill is missing!!! You know, from the Cowsills? Evidentally he moved to New Orleans a few weeks before the hurricane and now he hasn't been heard from since September 1st. Even more perplexing is how the Boston Herald somehow manages to give a Red Sox angle to this news. Please put your copies of "The Rain, The Park, and Other Things" on constant rotation and hope for the best.

Oh, and even though I'm "working from home" I really am working right now, improbably enough, but either this afternoon or Sunday I am going to write a least a little something about A:MS, because I found it surprisingly watchable this week! I'm not gonna rush it, though, since I really have had no indication that anyone else in the readership has been viewing it anyway. But you should, I'm honestly enjoying it. Why won't I write about it tomorrow, you may wonder? Here's why.

AND, lastly, if you haven't peeked at the commentary, reader Mike A. wants all links to open in their own windows here. I myself don't generally like it when links open in their own windows and suggest that anyone who wants them to do so just right clicks and 'open[s] link in new window'. But if anyone else has an opinion one way or another, let me know and I'll revisit the issue if there turns out to be strong new window sentiment lurking out there.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh please will you send : "The Rain, The Park, and Other Things" to me? pretty please?
and thank you for linking to my photos....which leads to Reader Mike A's comment and/or your preference -- I'm with you---I don't like having 5 gazillion windows open at one time. 3 gazillion is my max.

Hm. Maybe I *will* have to go see The Friskies Cat team in PDX tomorrow.....
(lady of the squirrels)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Stewf said...

News flash! You need a service squirrel.

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say keep the links as they are. On windows you can either right-click and "Open link in new window..." or, if you sort of want to branch off in two directions, do Ctrl-N (Command-N on a Mac) to duplicate the window you're already in.

-Steve L

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home