Wednesday, September 21, 2005


Sorry, my computer here at work has been bedevilling me as of late, all sortsa things trying to access unknown modules according to my personal firewall whatever the hell that might mean. But while things here are slightly crazy, they are not 100% totally insane like this guinea pig that reader Will H. sent in recently! His subject line was 'the trouble with tribble', but I think the little fella looks more like that red monster in the Bugs Bunny cartoon with the mad scientist where a bottle of ether breaks and then they run and talk real slow and stuff. Or maybe Martha Stewart, which brings us to the real point of this little post, The Apprentice: Martha Stewart premieres tonight on NBC at 8pm. I have not the time that I was hoping for to review the candidates pre-viewing, but I do have a list of five predictions for Martha's highly anticipated new catchphrase:
  1. Get the hell out of my face.
  2. Wy jesteście zza tutaj. *
  3. Begone with you.
  4. Your services will no longer be required. Thank you for your time.
  5. Amscray.

Also, just for the old-school readership out there, does anyone remember that time that Penny or Mike or somebody stole a bottle of ether out of the science building and we were pouring it onto a rag and inhaling it all night and then when we were walking up to a party at Sands, Kirra walked face first right into a tree? That was messed up, man.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that my before or after picture?
and here all this time i've been blaming my bumpy nose on my sister.
kb

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmm. Ether.

Mike A

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you talking about Gossamer?

3:32 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

i am, though allow me a moment to outgeek you on this point of trivia, mr. or ms. anonymous WB-head... in his cartoon debut, Hair-Raising Hare (1946), the monster has no name at all. Then in his next appearance, Water Water Every Hare (1952) - which is the one I was referring to - his name is Rudolph. It is only in his third cartoon, Duck Dodgers in The 24th and 1/2 Century, that he is finally called Gossamer. However, it seems like that is the name he is commonly referred to now, so for practical purposes, yeah, I'm talking about Gossamer.

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home