Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Meanwhile, what fresh figurines hath the collectible makers wrought? You've probably seen an old western or maybe an episode of Little House On The Prairie where a horse gets all panicked or ridden too hard and maybe he's broken one of his legs and Pa is forced to shoot him... it turns out that the word to describe that look is "whimsical". I don't think that the English language has a word to properly describe the latest entry from the Coots and Biddies line, though I'm sure the Germans do... the closest approximation I can come up with is nasty. I don't have any statistics, but I tend to think that a majority of figurine collectors are people of faith, so this new figurine where faith is about to cause serious injury to one of their beloved Snowbabies is what you call ironic. Lastly, I've discovered a line of collectibles we haven't looked at before, which I'll let the manufacturers describe in their own words: Lassie and Rin Tin Tin were dogs. Zelda is US! Who hasn't looked in the mirror and seen Zelda looking back at them? Her wisdom is a reflection of our hearts and souls. Zelda allows us to laugh at ourselves and to recognize that "it could be worse."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home