Wednesday, June 22, 2005

While doing some looking around for a review of the latest Ellery Eskelin CD last night (have I previously mentioned Mr. Eskelin? I don't normally go in for the avant jazz so much, but his trio with Andrea Parkins and Jim Black is consistently amazing... however, he is not the subject of this post so let's get back to the matter at hand by closing this parenthesis) I happened upon this astoundingly wonderful review of the latest Jim Belushi CD from back on April 1st instead: “Cigars, cigars, I enjoy them,” howls actor-turned-free jazz vocalist Jim Belushi atonally on the song “C/Garz/Garz/Attenuation3,” at eighteen minutes the shortest of the tracks on his new four-CD album Has Never Eaten of the Whimpering Kiss My Only Dog’s Collar Return. Belushi’s vocal improvisations are supported by the drums and percussion of Han Bennink and, surprisingly, the soprano sax of Kenny G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home