Wednesday, June 15, 2005

When I was a kid I had these great Peanuts sheets on my bed (which reader Jenn S. actually gave me again for my birthday or Christmas a number of years back) that had the characters saying various bed-related quotes from the strip. Mostly it was stuff like "Happiness is a sleeping bag" or "Dogs were born to sleep in the sun", but a few of them were depressed Charlie Brown quotes, including one which said something like, "I want to go home and go to bed but it's only noon". Which I'm bringing up because my day is really not going very well so far, both workwise and otherwise... first there was a delivery notice on the front door this morning from FedEx saying that they had attempted to deliver a package this morning but the doorbell woke neither I nor my roommate up, which isn't that big a deal exept that they claim it was their third and final attempt even though this is the first notice they've left. Then when I got to work I found out I'd left my building pass at home, which again wouldn't have been a big deal except I'd also left my wallet with identification at home, so it took me almost half an hour of security calling around to various people before finally someone claimed to know who I was and they let me in. Then when I finally got to my desk the entire surrounding area was filled with new consultants or interns or some form of annoying early-20-something loud-talking idiots, and one of them had stolen my chair, which had all the 2 billion little ergonomic adjustments perfectly adjusted for me and now I'm stuck with a hard and crappy replacement which doesn't stay up high enough and may now have given me carpal body syndrome. And, of course, my lateness caused what should have been a normal pain in the ass workload to become a crazed deadline rush with the client frantically calling me every 5 minutes to see if I'm done yet (I can never figure out how people cannot comprehend that constantly stopping to answer the phone only makes the work take twice as long to complete). That's all I can think of to whine about for now, but I'm sure there's more... ANYhow, I've now finished that, got someone to loan me $10 so I could get something to eat (forgotten wallet again) and should have some free time now to put together a mascot post or two, assuming the ceiling doesn't collapse as soon as I'm done typing this and crush my head. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home