Thursday, June 16, 2005

I've already stated my position that all naming contests are rigged scams, but the possibility always exists that I could be wrong about something one of these days. So just in case you might want to head over to the Wisconsin State Fair website and Name That Creampuff. The best name I've been able to come up with during the 30 seconds I've been thinking about it is Puff Laddie, but I think you'll have to think of something much worse than that in order to win the 66 cream puffs a year for life prize... maybe W.S.F. Creamy or something. To really get involved in the mascot fun, though, you should move to Danbury, CT, where they're practically begging someone to frolic and cavort in the guise of Westy, the baseball-headed mascot of the Danbury Westerners who looks like the cowpoke cousin of Mr. Met. And speaking of costumed characters at minor league baseball parks, I've also found the fascinating diary of a girl whose dream of becoming Relish, the Brooklyn Cyclones racing hot dog who almost always loses (except at the game I attended last season with readers Mike A., Andrea B. and Jay O.) came true.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home