Thursday, June 23, 2005


7 years, 1 month 4 days
Originally uploaded by
sfrances.

It's been a long time since we've had the regular Thursday squirrel feature, but this Thursday one of my Flickr contacts has sent in a link to this excellent graverobbing squirrel - as you might already know, Victorian children were usually buried with their toys to ensure a fun-filled afterlife, and before the advent of marbles these toys often consisted of a sack of acorns, possibly along with a few corn husks and a lump of coal if the child came from a particularly well-to-do family.

By the by, have I ever mentioned the fact that I was a production assistant on the movie Graverobbers (AKA Dead Mate)? As a matter of fact, reader Mike A. just alluded to the production a day or two back in his comment to the chocolate factory worker squirrels post, since he worked as a rat wrangler on the set. From the sole review on IMDb it seems like this classic is improbably out on DVD, I'm going to have to see if I can find it - as you can also see from that review, the production values are quite noteworthy, plus it has my other friend Syd B. playing an ambulance driver who molests a dead cheerleader in it. [UPDATE: ok, it is not the sole review, and I guess IMDb rotates which one they show on the first page... the review I refer to is the "check the double bill" one.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home