Wednesday, May 18, 2005

I'm going to try to concentrate a little more on our weekly topic today, since other than trying to find out for sure whether Friday's Eau d'Twain event at Lee's was Apprentice-related there is not much more investigating to be done on this case, or at least nothing that I have the wherewithal to undertake. Readers are still encouraged to travel back to yesterday's post and forward it on to local media and your congressmen in hopes of getting it picked up by someone with the proper resources to get to the bottom of this mystery (addresses now helpfully provided). Here's the new alarmist hook I'm going with: New York's Finest Risk Lives For Trump Stunt. Having honed my deductive reasoning skills during my work on this story, however, I did make short work of yesterday's other mystery, that being the fact that I ended up with approximately 4,500 visits. Rather than coming right out and telling you the answer, though, let me just give you two facts and a suggested methodology for your investigation and see if you can break the case yourself. Fact #1: Kylie Minogue and I were born on the same day (May 28, 1968). Fact #2: Kylie Minogue just announced that she has breast cancer. Okay, now go to Google and do an Image search for Kylie Minogue. Look for the photo of her playing tennis bare-assed (halfway down the page yesterday, today the #3 result), and click on it. Congratulations, detective, I think you have cracked the case of the exploding hits, and you didn't even need the help of your lazy best friend and pesky kid sister this time (well, your lazy best friend may have helped a little).

1 Comments:

Blogger Scooter said...

Because if we weren't born on the same day I would not have linked to her last May 28th and this never would have occurred. As far as Kylie/Eurovision, my undertsanding has always been that each contestant represents a European country, and Australia is not one. It's mostly just ABBA who got their big break by winning Eurovision, but in the 60's France Gall and Sandie Shaw won, in 1988 Celine Dion won (for Switzerland, where she must originallly have been from before moving to Canada?) and oddly Katrina and the Waves won for the UK in 1997, which was far from their start.

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home