Friday, May 13, 2005

I'll be finishing up my few remaining thoughts on last night's non-finale of The Apprentice 3 soon, but first reader Andrea B. has some more interesting Apprentice 1/4 news to share. Following is the transcript of my exclusive IMterview (screennames have been changed to protect from unwanted pinging):

Reader AB: Apprentice alert! I was just out getting lunch with Josephine and we had to stop into Lee's art shop which is just downstairs. There was a camera crew and general hubbub outside the entrance and we weren't sure we could go into the store, but we skirted around it and went in.
IAAFOTS: Apprentice 4?
Reader AB: We bought our stuff and as we were exiting we walked right through a taping of Bill Rancic talking to some guy (black, tall, casually dressed. reporter?) Why they were taping in front of Lee’s is a mystery, but there were 3 cameras, 2 sound guys, assorted producers, assistants and hangers on. Bill R. is very tall, very tan, and overall very good looking.
IAAFOTS: That is peculiar... I would think any story about him now would be about this children's book he's authoring, and that doesn't seem too Lee's related.
Reader AB: We thought it might be Apprentice 4 task related because just as we were walking in, when they were setting up the shot, someone was in the window of Lee’s frantically plastering up a giant poster for a new fragrance by Shania Twain (???)
IAAFOTS: Ah. Maybe he was in his role as backup George?
Reader AB: Then as we left Lee’s there was a van with a giant ad on it for the same fragrance and a guy with a bullhorn unintellligibly blabbing out the window, presumably about the Shania perfume.
IAAFOTS: That does seem very Apprentice 4.
Reader AB: So, we go get our lunch at Subway, see the Shania Mobile again on the corner of 57th and 7th and then run smack into Bill Rancic who had just finished posing for pics with a fan and was scurrying back to his town car. He seriously almost walked into us. I don't know though, it might have been a coincidence that the Shania hype was going on at the same time. He might have been being interviewed for his book, but the guy did not look like a typical news guy at all. Also of note, but not reported in a timely fashion: last week I was walking to Time Warner center to go to Whole Foods and we saw that lady from the Apprentice with the potty mouth who hated Omarosa.

After completing this interview I took a quick loop around the immediate area myself to see if there was any lingering hubbub, but all I found were a few women on 57th who smelled a lot like Shania Twain. As far as the fragrance, I have found a press release from a few months ago announcing that Shania was partnering with Coty to develop and market a Twainish scent, but it's not out yet, lending credence to the notion that this may have had something to do with the next Apprentice, because I don't think a real marketing team would launch such a product by having a guy in a van yell about it in midtown NYC. And on my way back with my lunch I did spot Boba Fett outside my building, but that's only because there's another Star Wars line starting outside the Ziegfeld, and I doubt he was the real Boba Fett (if you ever saw that Triumph the Insult Comic Dog talking to the Star Wars geeks piece, that was filmed next to my office... for that matter it was filmed there even if you didn't see it, but you should see it, and I think you still can here).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home