Thursday, April 28, 2005

Now reader Mike A. would like some Southwest stewardess nostalgia. I wasn't really sure why until I did a search - I was either never aware or had forgotten that when Southwest was only flying in Texas the hostesses dressed as though they were working at Hooters, with orange hot pants and lace-up go-go boots. They also called the beverages "love potions", the peanuts "love bites", the planes "love jets" and the three airports they flew into "the Love Triangle". Mysteriously, so far I have only been able to find one photograph of the uniform from some retro SWA party in the 90s. Today their flight attendents are just known for telling stupid jokes all the time.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Either way, you must be glad you know now!!!

Mike A

1:05 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Yes, I must. I just noticed something in the photograph: if the reports I've read about lace-up go-go boots (and I think maybe they also said white ones) are accurate, then those boots pictured are not authentic.

5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home