Tuesday, April 19, 2005


Man, there have been all sorts of tips and comments generated after day one of Canada Week, I wish I had the time to deal with it all in as thorough a manner as it deserves. To start off with, I did a little research on this Rideau Canal that SOH mentions (which is in Ottawa, not Dawson, I've just run out of Ottawa scans). Two items of particular interest I found at that link: 1) These houseboat photographs are really cool, and 2) There seems to be a Canadian version of the Loch Ness monster living in the canal, Ottie The Otter. Take some time to learn more about Ottie and his canal, catch up on the commentary to yesterday's posts, and I will return shortly with more hot Canadian action.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

In all my years in Ottawa, I have never heard of Ottis the Otter. The waterways here are full of muskrat, otters and beavers.

We do have a guy called "Paul the Asshole" with an office on Parliament Hill ;-)

11:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to know a guy named "Paul the Asshole" too...Oops, never mind.

MA

4:03 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Hey... Pure Visuals closed up shop years ago, didn't it? So why are you still projecting, Mike?

As far as Ottie Otter, I'm a little disappointed that he is not well known in Ottawa - they do say he is very secretive and elusive, I guess.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home