Sunday, April 17, 2005

Just in case this is my only opportunity to do so during the 2005 season, let me give a big IAAFOTS salute to the first-place Baltimore Orioles! They've still got the offensive power this year, and some of these young pitchers really seem to be coming into their own, at least so far. I ponied up $14 to get the MLB Gameday Audio package this year and have listened to most of their games, so I have to think that my increased fan support might be helping out just a little, too. They've taken 5 out of 6 from the Yankees this season, including a 3 game sweep which was completed this afternoon, and Boston comes to Camden Yards for their first meeting this Thursday... Go O's! By the by, the team whom they knocked out of first today was neither the Yankees nor Red Sox, but the Toronto Blue Jays, which I'm just mentioning as a way to transition into our new topic of the week: Canada.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

Canada! Woo hoo!

7:06 PM  
Blogger Ottawa Pocket Watches said...

I feel compelled to add that my cottage is on Beaver Lake and it is aptly named. No, it is not a nudie lake :-) I see the giant brown creatures regularly during the warm weather. I have the same reaction every time. First I think it is a dog swimming by and then I realize its a beaver. They are so much bigger than people realize. Like cute dinosaurs!

5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home