Monday, April 18, 2005

I realize that it’s going to take a little while for you to assimilate all the many Canadian facts I’ve already presented this morning, so let me take a break from the weekly topic for a moment to fill you in on some recent changes to the links section. First, Transparent Smile has moved over to LiveJournal… this is not so much a change to the links I guess, since I have not yet changed the link over there to reflect this move. My reasoning is that Andrew already has a link to the new site on the old site, and since he says this move may be temporary – and I myself have not been having trouble posting to Blogger over the past week or so – I’m going to wait just a bit and see if he stays before altering his link. Next, there are two additions to the list besides the afore-mentioned Someoneouthere, Mostly Mom’s and one I found all by myself without the author leaving a comment here, Cupcakes Take The Cake. The best part about the latter is that it is based in NYC, so there are many links to area cupcake resources provided, such as Cupcake Café – look at that cupcake! The café is on 9th at 39th, and this cupcake described on Epinions sounds like a delicious option for Canadian visitors (or anyone): “A regular sized cupcake is $2.50, and $1.50 for a half-sized version. I liked their maple walnut with maple butter frosting. It was moist on the inside with the right balance of maple and walnuts, and not excessively sweet. The maple frosting was simply delectable, and had a cute flower decorated on top.” Unfortunately, the most delectable link I’ve looked into so far is for Citizen Cupcake in San Francisco, which is almost enough to make me want to visit my former home for the first time in five years – gaze in wonderment at the parade of astonishing cupcakes displayed on their website. Okay, I need to go get some lunch now, where might I find a cupcake in midtown...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I want a cupcake, dammit! Why wasn't Citizen Cupcake around when we lived in SF? At least we have Cupcake Cafe. Not to be controversial, but I think they're superior to Magnolia's cupcakes. And believe you me, I know cupcakes! ab

12:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can only guess that citizen cupcake is a relative of San Francisco's Citizen Cake, which existed when we lived in SF, but I certainly never had a cupcake there. Also Marquette on Court St. in Brooklyn has a crazy assed cupcake that I recommend.

MA

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home