Friday, March 25, 2005

I'm rushing to wrap up cocktail week because I've just been given the greenlight to head home early in celebration of Christ's death, but first I need to quickly address the other drink that I was discussing last Friday that got me to thinking about cocktails (the first being the "martini"): the pousse cafe. The pousse cafe is a layered drink which is very carefully assembled in a pousse cafe glass and then sipped layer by layer. From accounts I've read, they are generally disgusting to taste but look cool, and it could be fun to try to make one sometime. Every single recipe I've found for this drink is entirely different, so in lieu of a specific recipe here is a guide to the specific gravities of various liqueurs and mixers that can help guide you in case you have a large stock of these ingredients and feel like experimenting. I also planned on giving the recipes of a few reader-created drinks but since I've left my Three-Hole Punch imagry back at home I will need to fill you in on those tomorrow. Have a happy Easter and get ready for the fun and frolic of fish and fishing next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home