Monday, February 21, 2005


In addition to the fact that I hadn't gotten more than a few hours of sleep each night since last Wednesday, I've also taken today off in solidarity with federal employees to celebrate Presidents Day (or as I like to call it, Washington's Birthday) in proper fashion. What is the proper fashion, you may ask? Well, besides sleeping most of the day I always try to honor our first president by painting children's arms brown and hands green, a tradition which dates back to the early 19th century. Then to give Mr. Lincoln his due I spend awhile flipping a penny and recording whether it comes up heads or tails (note: this activity is even more enjoyable and Lincolny if you and your guests split a few rails beforehand). Then bring on the crab soup and cherry pie!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home