Tuesday, February 22, 2005


I think it may be required that all New York-based blogs at least mention The Gates, so on Sunday night I walked back to the E train at 53rd Street from the hotel my mom and sister were staying at on the Upper West Side in order to document the saffron curtains myself. I've never been the biggest Christo fan in the world, but having the park transformed for a few weeks is an interesting event. If it were going to up for longer I would switch my vote to anti-gates, though, since they are apparantly frightening to animals which frequent the area. Reader Andrea B. reported seeing a police horse very spooked and unwilling to approach a Gate this weekend, and some dogs feel the same way (though when trying to find that story I also came across the news that a Gates worker saved a couple of dogs from drowning last week, so maybe their impact on the canine set balances out). No word yet on the squirrels' opinion. Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home