Tuesday, February 22, 2005


As I've mentioned, my mom and sister were in town from last Thursday until yesterday; this photo from around 25 years ago shows the way I picture them looking when they're not around, though it always turns out they are actually much older in person. I spent a lot of their visit being overly worried and stressed out about my mom's health - she had a series of strokes a few months back and got rushed into the emergency room again just before the trip due to some internal bleeding so I kept expecting her to keel over at any moment. This on top of work pressures on Thursday and Friday led to the lack of sleep, which just exacerbated the situation, and I feel so much more relaxed and happy now that they've departed that it's a little embarrassing. Still, they enjoyed their visit a lot (and so did I most of the time) and eating out every meal for days has led to the discovery of several really great restaurants to recommend, which I'll list in order of fanciness: Three Star Coffee Shop (Columbus/76th), Totonno's Pizza (2nd/27th), Frankie's 457 (Court St. in Carroll Gardens) and Gramercy Tavern (20th/Park Ave. South).Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had forgotten how much you look like your mom.
kb

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we got's to go to the original Totonno's on coney island, that place is the shiz-nit

wh

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home