Friday, January 14, 2005

Yesterday's "squirrel up your square" link made me curious to find out more about the large acorn visited in the photo essay, so I have done just that. As readers in the Raleigh, NC area (such as Ernest T. Bass and Otis Campbell) undoubtedly already know, the acorn is not only a must-see attraction on any visit to the City of Oaks but on New Year's Eve they hoist it approximately 100 ft. into the air and then drop it at midnight. We have our own nut drop up here in the Big Apple, courtesy of reader Mike A., but that is never quite as impressive as it sounds like this Raleigh tradition is, and one of these years I'd really like to travel down there to witness the magic in person. Those Jeb Bailey photos also led me to a treasure trove of other pictures from the Moore Square Middle School archives, and here are a few that I particularly enjoy: Sweetheart Jam!, Winter Wonderland "Dance", Snowflake Sit, Boogaloo Fred Savage, I Got Snow, I Got Snow Too, Hormone Race, and If You Want Blood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home