Thursday, December 09, 2004

Now to finish off a few Apprentice notes that I overlooked yesterday in my rush to get the hell out of the office before someone asked me to do anymore work for them. First, I forgot about Ivana's Theme in her final boardroom, which was reminiscent of the duck's theme in Peter in The Wolf which continued even when she was inside the belly of the wolf. That strain of the meltdown went a little like this: "Who do you think I should fire?" "Jennifer" "But Jennifer's not here" "I am better than Jennifer" "I can't fire Jennifer, Jennifer's not here" "Please fire Jennifer", etc. And second, I realized that although it didn't work immediately as I think she had planned and initially got Raj fired, Massey's gambit of directly attacking Ivana without provocation to throw her off balance was completely and brilliantly effective in the long run. Because I don't remember Ivana mentioning or paying much attention at all to Ms. Massey until after that scene in the bedroom where she was accused of being weak and only good for putting together an Excel spreadsheet. After that she slowly became more and more fixated on her, eventually losing all perspective and common sense, which ultimately led to the sad spectacle of her forcing her team to move downtown (both wasting valuable time and moving into a territory that had already been covered by Mosaic) in a desperate and feverish bid for some kind of high noon showdown where fast draws are replaced by dropped drawers. Very well played Jenn M., though I hope that Kevin somehow takes you out tonight (because I'm almost positive that Kelly has to be one of the final two, and Sandy has no chance, so it's really Massey vs. Allen as far as the 2nd spot I think... but we will see).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This website has the duck's theme in Peter and the Wolf and it sounds much better. It's played by an actual oboe instead of just a midi controller.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home