Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Here's a furry mammal that I don't think we've had a chance to learn about yet: the badger. I only know a few badger-related facts myself so far, having not had the chance to really check out the Badgerland link very thoroughly yet. One is that the West Highland White Terrier (which my family owned two of while growing up, though not at the same time: Jethro and Boy) is one of the few animals that will actually dig into a badger burrow and fight one without giving up or getting killed, though the only time ours ever had a chance to display these skills was against the much less fierce pocket gophers in our yard. The other, which I just learned in Badgerland, is that many celebrities are fans of the badger, though what you may find most suprising is how few of these 'celebrities' you're likely to have ever heard of before. I've had a theory in the past, though, that in Britain the word "celebrity" just means "people", like the way they think a cupboard is a closet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home