Tuesday, November 16, 2004

By the way, it looks like Metronaps has still not gone out of business, but the end seems near... they are currently offering a whole month of daily naps for only $28, and are also offering paninis or sushi which will be ready for you when you emerge from your pod. I know I should just sign up for this myself, but I still have the slight sense that something sinister is afoot here (if they gave you those paninis before your nap I would be sure of it) and would really rather convince one of you readers to try it first. Come on, I'm sure there's really nothing to be worried about.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh I did try it. Thanks to your kindness, I had a 20 minute nap in a pod. The full month is a great idea, because I think you would need the first 10 visits to get used to your surroundings, as it is quite strange to try to fall asleep so quickly when all you can think about is how weird it all is! But, nonetheless, it was an interesting experience, and the people were most kind and attentive.

10:15 AM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Pressed sandwiches on European flatbreads were first synthesised in 1874 by C.R.A. Wright, a British chef working at St. Mary's Hospital Medical School, London. He had been experimenting with combining morphine with various acids. He boiled anhydrous morphine alkaloid with acetic anhydride over a stove for several hours and produced a more potent, acetylated form of morphine. We now call it panini.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home