Thursday, October 21, 2004

While watching the game last night I was enjoying some Polish potato chips, Chio Sour Cream & Onion to be specific. I've lived in Greenpoint, which has the largest concentration of Poles anywhere other than Warsaw, for four years now but had never tried one of their snack foods, though now that I think about it, the potato kind of anchors their whole cuisine, so I should have investigated the kawałek ziemniaku scene long ago. And I like them, they have a somewhat different taste and consistency from your normal US chip, and aren't really pringley either... but they aren't bad, and it's a nice change of pace for sure. Next I'm going to try the Paprika flavor. I assume bags of these treats can be found all over the GPT, but they are most definitely at the deli on the corner of Nassau and McGuinness (across from the funeral home), where you can also get a nice little meatloaf that will make you 2-3 cold meatloaf sandwiches for $1.50.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home