Tuesday, October 26, 2004

It seemed like today would be a good time to see what is going down in Snohomish County now that Charles at Smuggler’s Cove Restaurant has cranked down their ratty umbrella for the season. The highlights are threefold, starting with another ghost story (which would seem to simply be timely until I looked in my archives and saw that The Herald of Everett contained similar spookiness back in July, too): "'I don't even keep bacon in the house,' she said." Next there is some coverage of the local fauna, "'She stopped and ate what was left of my blueberries and proceeded down to my pond for a drink,' Christenson said. 'My donkey was going to have no part of that, so she decided to try and charge the bear.'", which is also the subject of my final highlight, a column concerning two area horses with names that remind me of two of my favorite television shows, Raj and Dandy (the first one shouldn't need explanation, for the second I'm thinking Don Meredith).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home