Friday, October 15, 2004

I don't know if you noticed this in a comment to the Veronica Lake post from a few days back, but reader Kirra B. turns out to know the woman who reputedly has the remains, the owner of Homer and Langley's Mystery Spot up in the Catskills, Laura Levine. There's a lot of interesting things to see on her website, both in the Mystery Spot sections (customer photos include this one of Penny Arcade holding a nice squirrel/nut dish) and in the artwork, photo, and film sections, because this Laura Levine has really done a lot of cool things over the years. By far the best of all, in my opinion, is a short film she made in 2001 called Peekaboo Sunday (which, I just realized, is a V. Lake reference - the only one I came across, I could find nothing concerning the current news interest in the shop). "Peekaboo raises many disturbing questions about contemporary life in rural America. 'Should one breed tiny horses?' 'Is one wee horse enough, or is half a dozen preferable?' 'Is it possible to love a disobedient miniature?'" It's only 1:45 min. long, but I must see this film.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home