Sunday, October 17, 2004

Finally. Ok, I think I already mentioned the choice quote from the episode ("We've been hardcore but let's be harder core") , but beyond that there was precious little of precious little Stacy. Her big moment was at the beginning, when she came back to the suite very pleased with herself over her "You want another Enron, Mr. Trump, here's Pamela" line from last week. From what I've gleaned from some online discussion about the extended boardroom Saturday rerun, she did actually explain more fully what exactly Pamela had asked her to do that she deemed shady, and evidently Carolyn agreed that the labels on the bottles issue was a very important legal consideration, so I withdraw my complaint that she didn't really argue her case very effectively in last week's boardroom. Still, that Enron comment coupled with the scenes from next week where Donald says "One thing I absolutely cannot stand is someone who exagerates - go, get out of here" does have me somewhat fearful that the bell may soon toll for my pet. Beyond that, it was nice to see her at the reward party dressed unbusinesswomanly for a change; that pixie is talented in a number of different areas. Speaking of the scenes from next week, last week's were once again misleading with their "New Rule: Don't Cross George". You'd naturally think that such a crossing would lead to your dismissal, but all that really occurred was that Raj got blindsided by both George and Donald, who almost made him cry by telling him that all the models had been complaining about how annoying he was (and after one of them had told Raj that she liked his bowtie, too... he doesn't really deserve my sympathy, but he got a little anyway after that). He definitely was being incredibly annoying to the designer, though, and in general my estimation of Raj has been lowered considerably. The Raj/Kelly rivalry was advanced this week, and on the other side Elizabeth emerged as the next target for the women to gang up on, deservedly I think. I found it interesting that they picked the one male designer that we saw interviewed, reinforcing the notion that women (or at least these women) do not work well together. In the end that decision seemed to work out for them, though; even if I found their clothing line to look pretty godawful, the buyers evidently preferred it in a big way (pricing might have had more to do with that than design, however). I'll glide past the actual boardroom by simply agreeing with the decision, John was an ineffectual leader who couldn't seem to make a decision on his own to save his life and really ought to think about using those artistic skills that he showed in the restaurant episode (and/or pursuing the nascent Joe Buck-ishness he also displayed that week) instead of continuing down the businessman road. He'll end up getting fucked either way, but at least there will be some pretty pictures to show for it if he follows my advice. Two more notes to go... When Carolyn Kepcher was on Conan O'Brien's show last week promoting her new book, he brought up the fact that it was odd to see her smiling and laughing because she was always so serious and stone-faced on The Apprentice, and suggested that it would be cool if one time when the contestants walked into the boardroom she just had a huge smile on her face, it would completely freak them out. So it was very interesting to see her uncontrollably cracking up while watching the men cope with the fashion business this week; I can't believe that it was a coincidence. Lastly, the ludicrous spectacle of 3 or 4 of the men wearing sunglasses indoors (not quite channeling Corey Hart, but close enough to link to him here) when the results were announced must be addressed, and I address it thusly: What the fuck? Particularly Kelly's ridiculous tiny sunglasses that he pushed down on his nose librarian-style because, I assume, it was too dark inside to be wearing sunglasses but he couldn't just take them off because then he would not be super suavely cool like the other vision-fearing imbeciles on his team. So that's it for this week, and maybe next week I will get the chance to use the school-days nickname of Jennifer M. that I was hipped to earlier today by reader and Jenn M. FOAF Teresa S., assuming Classy Massey isn't as AWOL as she was this week (or I guess I should say maybe I'll get to use it again, and perhaps a few more acronyms, too, while I'm at it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home