Sunday, September 05, 2004

So this lonely little holiday of mine is not turning out to be quite the ceiling-staring affair I had originally made it out to be. I got in some practice with my new camera walking around Greenpoint and playing around with the various features, and accomplished a good deal of shopping, with two new pairs of pants, some tennis shoes, and a shirt to show for it, plus a large mound of groceries (as a brief aside, I bought some of that Pom Wonderful, and what is up with them trying to play like they created pomegranate juice and it has to cost that much? You've been able to buy it in your more healthy organic type of stores for years and it's $3.49 for a big 32 oz. jug, not $3.99 for one of those tiny globular 15 oz. bottles... of course, being in a supermarket and wanting some of its antioxidizing power, I did get some, but at least I knew I was being totally ripped off). Today I've done a lot of cleaning and organizing, but now that I'm tired of that and it's still another hour or two until the Labor Day Telethon starts up, the overwhelming boredom has caused me to once again break my self-imposed ban on placing musical lists into the blog and I have concocted an IAAFOTS Top 40. Don't worry, you can easily stop reading now and it won't show up again for at least another month or two, or whenever I start listening to a sizable number of different songs from these. It could be years, because these songs are SO good.
  1. Lynyrd Skynyrd – On The Hunt
  2. Queen – Coming Soon
  3. The Stranglers – (Get A) Grip (On Yourself)
  4. Frankie Smith – Double Dutch Bus
  5. Elis Regina and Adoniran Barbosa – Tiro Ao Alvaro (Hit The Bull's Eye)
  6. Kid Creole and the Coconuts – Bogota Affair
  7. Divine Horsemen – Snake Handler
  8. Wreckless Eric – Tonight (Is My Night)
  9. Nation Of Ulysses – Today I Met The Girl I'm Going To Marry
  10. ZZ Top – Pan Am Highway Blues
  11. Albert Brooks – Party In Outer Space
  12. Fur – Not Coming
  13. Molly Hatchet – Gator Country
  14. Brett Smiley– Va Va Va Voom
  15. Slayer – Show No Mercy
  16. Miss Kitten – Professional Distortion
  17. Gerry Rafferty – Baker Street
  18. Iggy Pop – Pumping For Jill
  19. The Allman Brothers – Little Martha
  20. Van Halen – Hang 'Em High
  21. Flying Lizards – Suzanne
  22. Drive-By Truckers – Outfit
  23. Iron Maiden – Wrathchild
  24. Pure Prairie League – Early Morning Riser
  25. Young Gunz – Can't Stop, Won't Stop
  26. Billy Squier – Don't Say No
  27. Bob Dylan and The Band – Apple Suckling Tree
  28. Foreigner – Dirty White Boy
  29. Ruth – 87 Sundays
  30. The Ohio Express – Try It
  31. Flesh Eaters – A Minute To Pray, A Second To Die
  32. Queen Cobra – Bad To Worse
  33. Mott The Hoople – Death May Be Your Santa Claus
  34. Norman Greenbaum – Skyline
  35. Duncan Browne – Ninepence Worth Of Walking
  36. Joe Walsh – Meadows
  37. Buffy Sainte-Marie – He's A Keeper Of The Fire
  38. Boston – Peace Of Mind
  39. Nation Of Ulysses – Love In A Bull Market
  40. New York Dolls – Jet Boy (ROIR version)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home