Monday, September 20, 2004

My colleague at the New Center for Short-Lived Phenomena reports in with word that the article on squirrel immersion is said to have appeared in The New York Times a few months ago. I have not been able to track down a copy of this article, but the timing does not seem entirely consistent with the results of my previous research, which indicated that these squirrel migrations or shufflings normally occur in September. So still developing... The report also reminded me that I had a neighborhood squirrel sighting this morning in Greenpoint that I should have mentioned before. A particularly lush and fluffy squirrel leapt directly in front of me from a porch onto a small tree, looking much like a tiny superhero in the process, then scaled the tree and jumped onto the roof of a van. The luxurious state of his fur would seem to belie the notions that malnutrition or flea infestation are culprits in this phenomenon, but maybe the situation is different in Massachusetts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home