Thursday, September 23, 2004

I've got too much work today and I have to leave the office at 3 to hit the high seas (as I mentioned the other day), so even though I did in fact watch America's Top Model last night, following the suggestion in reader Mike A.'s comment yesterday, I'm not going to have the time to put together the usual lengthy combination of humorous play-by-play and serious philosophical opinion that I like to bring to my television criticism. Briefly, then, I'm pretty disappointed that both my favorite contestant and the only contestant that I really found attactive at all both got cut in the second elimination that occured last night. By far my favorite was Amy (I think that was her name) the girl from the ghetto who was tired of fighting and then almost got into a bar fight with some crabby townies. I was expecting to easily despise all of the prospective models, but I actually found myself liking her and felt very sad when she didn't make it. Remember how Matt Dillion lost it when Johnny died in The Outsiders (I have no idea why this is second time in 2 days I've referenced The Outsiders)? I fear something along those lines occuring with Amy, though I suppose the show was taped a while ago and it would have made the news had she gotten gunned down in the street already. Now I atypically do not generally find models attractive (though I stand by my Jim Belushi/desert island musing from yesterday and am sure that if one of those freaky praying-mantises was nice, smart, funny, and was crazy about pikas that taste could totally be changed with a little effort... but that's how things stand right now) and like I said only one of them got me a little revved up just based on their looks, the one who also apparantly was on the last season and got cut in the 2nd round then, too. Totally don't remember her name and I guess it doesn't matter anymore. She got cut because Tyra Banks found it inexcusable that she did not have a most or least favorite supermodel. I wish I had the time to get further into that, and also to discuss how Tyra seems to fancy herself some sort of psychologist/therapist. But I do not. Of the remaining girls, I guess Norelle is ok, I like her eyes a lot, though not the braces. But my pick to root for out of the lame crop that they've left us with is going to be Eva. She was reportedly mean to everyone, but the only one we saw her be nasty to was that skeleton girl, and even though it wasn't at all nice to be going off on her like that, I did completely agree with everything she was saying about her. Plus she also has pretty eyes. So go Eva!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home