Thursday, September 30, 2004

I'm running out of energy here, but because I am now completely smitten with Lil' Stacy I am going to tenaciously perservere, just like she would do. Jenn C. learned the hard way what results from messing with this semitic spitfire. Jenn was much more delusional than Stacie J. ever was, a tendency which should have been apparant from her stalktastic SWFing of the Donald when they went to his apartment for dinner in Week One. She was treating Stacy R. as though she were an annoying child for the entire episode, saying something like, "This one, I don't know what I'm going to do with" at one point in the restaurant. BIG mistake, leading to my favorite line in the episode, after Mr. Trump had fired her with ease, "I feel good about it." So did I, though I don't think we saw The Cobra, which would have made things perfect (but from the highlights we saw that it will strike next week, which is going to be one super-duper moment to look forward to). Other delusions of Jenn's included saying that she was the one who brought people together and created a warm friendly atmosphere and then talking to some of the patrons in a totally phony and awkward way which seemed to sort of freak them out, and also saying that the other women were forming alliances when the only obvious alliance was between her and Sandy, who she refused to bring into the boardroom even after she flipped on her and recommended she be fired. Now, putting my personal feelings aside for a moment, I think there are only two female contestants who have what it takes, Ivana, Pamela, Sandy, and... whoever was boss last week and has competely broken down now having already shown that they do not. And between Jennifer M. and Stacy R. my current sense is that Jennifer M. is a little more calm and collected and will come out on top. Sorry, Stacy, but love has no place in the business world (and therefore neither do I, but this is a t.v. show I'm watching after all, and I can pretend with the best of them). My pick as the best of Team Mosaic is Kevin, who I was also glad to see was hinting around at what I think was the same point I was hinting around at last week when discussing the firing of Stacie J. And I think John could be an artist, why's he interested in the soulless banality of the corporate boardroom? Maybe the money, but did you see how you charmed that theater-going restaurant foursome was by you, John? If you could just manage to find a couple of gay gallery owners and art critics in the city (needle in a haystack, I know, but there must be a few) you could easily have a successful career that was much more fun and interesting. Though after later seeing John fawning all over Rudy Giuliani, maybe we just have different ideas about what is fun and interesting (plus John had that crazy attack on Raj's bagel craving 2 weeks ago... this hint of creativity on his part may be distracting me from his underlying idiot bastardness). Ok, there's my 2 cents, and I feel good about it; now I need to go collapse back on the couch and check out a little of America's Next President while enjoying some of my own Asian Fusion cuisine (Howard Johnson's macaroni and cheese with a splash of soy sauce - it's good, really).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home