Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Late on Sunday night it started to rain, and soon after that I began to hear a rattling sound at my window. At first I assumed that it was the rain or wind, but as it kept up it became apparent that someone or something was tapping on the glass. Eventually I forced myself up from the couch, went over, and pulled back the curtain. In the well between the inside window and where a storm window would be if there was one I saw what appeared to be a large, wet, shivering rat. After jumping back in shock and falling over the coffee table, I returned to the window and looked him over more closely. Once I confirmed my initial diagnosis of big huge rat, I rapped on the glass behind him to get him to move along, but when he leapt up and moved out onto the outer windowsill I saw a scraggly and bedraggled, but not hairless and under better circumstances probably bushy, tail. I know this looks really bad and calls the whole name of this blog into question, but let me offer this rhyme in my defense: A nest in a tree's where a squirrel should be, not in Paul's window; he's still your friend, though. Right? I mean, I would have let him stay if he'd downplayed the whole rodent thing a little better, but honestly, I'm not running a hotel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home