Friday, July 16, 2004

I'm going to be on vacation until next Thursday, so it seems the perfect time to try to court some controversy, seeing as how I won't be around to take the heat. In the spirit of the earlier Wilco post (and inspired by sports radio call-in shows and Chunklet) here is a list of the Top 20 most overrated musical acts. This does not mean Worst bands, they're in no definitive order (except for #1), and here you go:

  1. The Beatles
  2. Radiohead
  3. Beck
  4. Wilco
  5. Modest Mouse
  6. Television
  7. Interpol
  8. David Bowie
  9. The Flaming Lips
  10. The Streets
  11. Can
  12. The Rapture
  13. PJ Harvey
  14. The Who
  15. Olivia Tremor Control
  16. Fleetwood Mac
  17. !!!
  18. Wu Tang Clan
  19. The Pixies
  20. Black Dice


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reader Kirra B. is outraged. The pixies? Am I going to have to come up there and kick some squirrel ass?

7:36 PM  
Blogger Scooter said...

Man, I was really looking for a little more controversy to liven things up here... the week I went to the beach with reader Andrea B. and was soon joined by reader Mike A. might not have been the most opportune time in retrospect, given that a large percentage of my readership was therefore also on vacation. In any case, YES, indeed, I say The Pixies. It's not that I don't like a number of the listed here, the Pixies among them, but they are now said by the critics and such to have reinvented rock and roll or something and I jsut don't see it. Take the highlights of Surfer Rosa, Doolittle, and the two Breeders albums and you might have a solid album I could still stand to listen to without skipping, and the only thing I'm taking from Surfer Rosa is Gigantic.

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home