Monday, July 26, 2004


Here's some mind-blowing news from the beginning of my vacation that I've forgotten to mention since my return (due in part, no doubt, to the blown mind). On Saturday, July 17th, I went to a Brooklyn Cyclones game out at Coney Island with reader Mike A. I took the G train from my home up in Greenpoint down to Mike's neighborhood of Carroll Gardens, and expected to switch to the F train after meeting up with Mike, but there was no F train... The lowly G was going all the way out to Coney Island. I know you're sitting there now yelling, "That is crazy! And historical! What has happened to my mind?" because we went through all of that and more when the full reality of what was taking place hit us. It was like stepping into a strange alternate universe where down is up and fish smoke pipes and say "How do you do?" Less captivating were the Cyclones, who lost to the Hudson Valley Renegades 7-2, but their park is really nice, they had two different costumed races (a hot dog race around the park featuring professional wursts, and a horse race down the third base line featuring fans), a faux-Neil Diamond lip synced the classic hit “Sweet Caroline” on the Diamondvision during the seventh inning stretch while everyone sang along, and I am looking forward to heading down there again soon on whichever train will take me.Posted by Hello

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's true, it's true. MA

4:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home