Monday, May 24, 2004

Boy, am I tired today. I finally have a MUST CREDIT I AM A FRIEND OF THE SQUIRRELS EXCLUSIVE, though. It's a quote from Robert Redford's long, rambling, and quite obviously not written down in advance commencement speech at Bard College on Saturday. "Don't get sucked in by the trees," Mr. Redford told the graduates. (Seriously, I'm fully down with the ideas he was trying to express, but you'd think that if you really felt the issues were important, you might go to the trouble of actually composing a coherent speech instead of just winging it when you saw that the crowd was much larger than you expected it to be. Oh, and when I say 'seriously' I don't mean to suggest that I am making up the quote, that is straight from the Electric Horseman's mouth.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home